Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to turn off toolbars

Level 2

I have designed a form in LC and need to have it start up in Acrobat or Reader with no toolbars. This would be the same as using the F8 key. I have looked at samples but cannot find one specific to using the F8 key.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

Assuming you are runnig in Acrobat or Reader ( and not in a browser) then this should do what you want

app.toolbar = false; ( set to true, to show them again)

This actually can change the Users preference so you should probably code to restore the state after the document has been viewed.

Regards

Malcolm

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

Assuming you are runnig in Acrobat or Reader ( and not in a browser) then this should do what you want

app.toolbar = false; ( set to true, to show them again)

This actually can change the Users preference so you should probably code to restore the state after the document has been viewed.

Regards

Malcolm

Level 2

Malcom-

This is awesome. Can you tell me how to do the same with the Menu bar (F9).

Thanks,

Level 5

Hi,

The menu bar is more difficult, the easiest route is to put the PDF into fullscreen mode but this might not give you the requried look.

app.fs.isFullScreen = true;

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Level 2

Yeah I have tried this.  The problem is the user is given the query re

garding full screen mode. They can answer no and then it does not take.

Level 5

Hi,

Yeah I thought that might be the result, the problem is that you need to be in a secure place ( app initialisation, console) to execute code to hide the menubar

Regards

Malcolm

Level 2

It is one of many irritating limitations in the software that I guess I will have to live with. Unless someone knows of some other

undocmented secret.

Thanks for your help