Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to submit the form to a server? Need your suggestions

Level 2

Hello folks. I am a student and I am now working on a co-operative project to design a PDF form for a company. The company has a webservice in order to receive data and save them in the database afterwards. After weeks of research I managed to send the data in XML to the server by calling webservice in javascript. However, this only works in Acrobat but the company wants it to work in Reader. I found that the only way is to use "LiveCycle Reader Extensions" to activate such function in Reader but the company could not afford its price! (10000 euros) So I am asked to find an alternative way.

Now I am looking into "Submit by HTTP" but I am not quiet clear how it works. Do I need a server of CGI or PHP? Could this work with webservice? Is this a simpler solution than what I did before?

Also, I would be very appreciated if anyone could provide me some other solution for this.

1. There would be about 200 clients and the form would be locally saved in each computer of the client.

2. The information to gather is sensible and should be well protected.

3. Do not use "submit by email"...

Any suggestion will be useful. Thank you.

4 Replies

Level 10

Look at this thread.. We have discussed some options to submit to webservice from a form with out Reader Extensions server component.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/796666

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thank you Srini. I read your discussion and here's what I understood: I have to provide a Servlet and then the client click "Submit by HTTP", the data will be then sent to the Servlet. Servlet then resend these data to the webservice. By doing so, I can avoid using LC Reader Extensions. But the form should be on the web. If the client save the form in his computer this would not work.  Am I right?  Is such Servlet you mentioned easy to develop or is there any examples I can find? Thank you a lot.

Level 10

The client can save the form to his/her local computer. But at the time of submit, the system should be connected to Internet.

I mentioned that we have used Servlet in the past. You can use java Servlet/ a .Net Page to submit the data. It all depends on the expertise your team has to develop that.

You do not need a "HTTP Submit" button. You can have a normal Button and use the "Click" event to submit the data to the webpage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thank you Srini. I will try in this direction. Hope it would work