Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to submit form to another iframe / frame

Former Community Member

Hi...

I would like to know if there would be a way to submit the form contents to another frame / iframe in a html page.

Suppose I have a 2 frame html document and the pdf form is loaded in one of the frames. Normally, when I submit a form to a url, the form would be submitted in the same frame in which the pdf form is present.

I need a solution where the form would be submitted to another frame in the same html page, but the pdf form, remains loaded in the same frame.

Thanks...

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi, can anyone answer the question above?

We are facing exactly the same problem. We display a PDF via an "iframe" tag. The PDF has a form with a Submit button. The problem is that when the user clicks the Submit button, any output goes to the current frame, and we can't break out of the frame, or redirect output to a different frame. Therefore, we get nested iframes.

Does Acrobat/LiveCycle offer an ability to specify a target frame when submitting a PDF Form? Note that we don't have access to the "form" HTML tags, the form is a PDF form, so we can't specify a target frame ourselves.

Thanks