Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with xfa.event.cancelAction in Reader X

Level 2

Hi Experts,

I use LCD ES 8.2 to make a form which checks the mandatory fields in presign event and in case some left with blank set xfa.event.cancelAction = 1 to make the signiture procedure to stop.

This check and stop logic was working wonderfully in version 9 (Reader and Pro) but when I tested in Reader X, it seems something is not working well.

Once I set xfa.event.cancelAction to 1, it seems that it is not resetted to zero.

In other words, none of the events work once the xfa.event.cancelAction was set to 1...

Is this some kind of change that Adobe made?

Could somebody advise how to make it work again?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

That is interesting. I can't say what is going on but it seems like a bug to me.

XFA Spec 3.1 states:

I can't locate a copy of XFA Spec 3.3, which would relate to Acrobat/Reader X. This may be because the version of LC Designer supporting XFA Spec 3.3 hasn't been released yet.

I also have an example that works in Acrobat/Reader 9.1, but not in Reader X. The cancel action is wrapped in an if statement.

Print cancelAction

This example uses the cancelAction to prevent printing if mandatory fields are not filled in. http://assure.ly/ej9Syg

Note that normally the validationState will clear the red highlight as information is typed into the fields. However in Reader X the red highlight is not cleared. In addition if the print action is cancelled, then the print button ceases to work.

I would be inclined to report as a bug, unless someone else has a better handle on this. https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Niall,

Thanks for the reply!!

I guess

> Scripts must not attempt to clear this flag.

this means I better ask the users not to update to Reader X untill I clarify with Adobe.

Just made the bug report, I'll make a feedback to this post once they reply back.

Thanks Again!

Level 2

I've checked with Reader 10.0.1.434 Japanese version, and thank god it's working now.

Just in case somebody is interested.

Level 1

Did you report the bug?  If not, I will because I am having the same issue.  After cancelEvent, none of the buttons or select lists are working in Reader X.