Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

how to print out fillable fields only

Level 2

I'm a newb, help! I am trying to create a form in LiveCycle.

I have brought in a pdf, made some fillable fields. So far so good, here's where I'm struggling.

I want the recipient of the pdf to fill out the forms, (while still seeing the pdf in the background), BUT when they print, I want them to ONLY print out the information that they filled in the fillable fields.

So basically, they receive a document in Adobe Reader, it has a pdf in the background, and they fill in some fields, then they place a page in their printer to just print the fillable fields only.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You can control the visibility of objects using the presence property.

p.png

Steve

Level 2

"You can control the visibility of objects using the presence property"

Here is where I get confused. I understand that you can change the visibilty in this area, but I want the pdf background that is part of my form to be the area that doesn't print, so I can't understand how I highlight that particular area to switch it to "screen only" because it isn't really considering a text field or anything like that, it was just a pdf that I imported from the start and then built all my text fields on top of.

Former Community Member

In your case you imported the PDF that has the image in it and as such there is no object to control. What if you exported the image from

the PDF, then using an image object set it to hold that image. Now you have an image that you can control its presence property.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 2

I have tried to do this. The EPS version looks really bad quality, I am trying to test it, but it keeps crashing now, and doesn't seem to be working at all. At least my last version would allow me to test it, this one just crashes my computer. ugh. so frustrating.