Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to make multi-box text fields in a PDF form to be filled in, like this?

Level 1

I want to make text inputting  fields just like those in this picture:

( for the complete file,  you may download it at here . The fields appear on page 3 of the form. Just use the left / right  arrows on top of each page to navigate across the pages. You may  encounter some pop-ups to tell you how to fill in the forms or force you  to fill in some fields before leaving. )

34301_example.pngexample.png

Take the example of the name field with  "CHAN TAI MAN" inputted. When I  click on the field, the cursor is positioned at the leftmost box in the  field. Then, as I type more characters, the following characters can be  put into box2, box3, box4.....and so on. The boxes seems to be from the  same field, but the characters can be put into each box neatly instead  of packing tightly together in ordinary text fields.

I would like  to know whether there is any way to produce these text fields. Thanks  for any ideas in advance.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I think what you are looking for is a comb field. It acts like a regular field but puts the vertical lines in between each character. You can turn the comb on in the object palette and indicate how many chars will appear in the field (so that it knows how many lines to draw).

Paul