Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to make a repeating section by clicking on a 'button'

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am creating a form and there is a secion for 'Add a Dependent'.  The form only show enough fields for one dependent.  I have created a button that says 'Add a Dependent'. When the user clicks on this button I would like the section to show up again, asking for the information for the new dependent. Also, there will be a cancel button so that if they click on 'add a dependent' too many times, they can cancel each one individually if needed.The purpose for this is because it will take up much less space in the form. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

Nik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

find the updated form here..

https://acrobat.com/#d=9cz0MWjB8a72m3QtKAizZA

I moved the subform holding the Add Dependant button to be outside and below the Dependant subform..

For the issue that entire registration form is repeating because in the "Pagination" property tab of "conent" subform, you selected the "instructions" subform as Overflow Leader. That's why when the page overflows to the next, the instructions subform is coming first in the next page and then the Dependant section. Now I moved the Header into a separate subform above the instructions and selected "Header Subform" as the Overflow Header for "conent" subform..

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Check this sample.. It has the Add  Row and Delete row functionality..

https://acrobat.com/#d=01n8nsl1Nm756xAii6NBlA

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

You should be able to do that using the following script at the click event of the button :

for instance, we are trying to repeat the subform DynSubform

DynSubform.instanceManager.addInstance(true);

make sure that the form is flowable, including the subform which is going to hold the new instances, so that
it can expand across pages and accomodate the newly instantiatd sections.

~Sid

Former Community Member

I tried both suggestions but its not working.

Level 10

Can you send your form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Here is what I did for making the Subform repeat..

Selected the Dependants subform and went to the Binding tab, checked the cehckbox "Repeat Subform each Data Item"..

Placed the below code in the click event of the Add Dependant button.

Dependants.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Placed the below code in the Click event of the "X" button:

if

(this.parent.index>0)

Registration.content.Dependants.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index);

Placed the below code in the Initialize event of the "X" button:

if(this.parent.index==0)

this.presence = "hidden";

Let me know if you have any issues..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Hi Sirini,

Thank you for your help. The function is working for the most part. I am wondering how i can put the 'add a dependant' button below the last dependants section because i dont want that button to show up each time a new dependant is added (which it is doing now).  Also, the first time you click 'add a dependant' it repeats the entire registration form, not just the dependant subform, but for each subsequent dependant added, it only shows the dependant subform.

I hope I am making sense.

Nik

Correct answer by
Level 10

find the updated form here..

https://acrobat.com/#d=9cz0MWjB8a72m3QtKAizZA

I moved the subform holding the Add Dependant button to be outside and below the Dependant subform..

For the issue that entire registration form is repeating because in the "Pagination" property tab of "conent" subform, you selected the "instructions" subform as Overflow Leader. That's why when the page overflows to the next, the instructions subform is coming first in the next page and then the Dependant section. Now I moved the Header into a separate subform above the instructions and selected "Header Subform" as the Overflow Header for "conent" subform..

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to do a "Resume" form to standarize documentation here and its my first time working with sections. The idea is to add different instances when required, like Employers, positions, responsibilities according to this positions, etc with an "add" button for each instance. The thing is that when i'm completing the form everything is ok, but, when I come back to the document once saved, the arrangement of the contents is all different, for example, all employers data arranged together, then all the job positions together, and all the responsibilities...so I'm looking for some help here and i saw this post, but I can´t see the example on the link posted.

Can you guys help me with this??

Level 1

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro, but I cannot see the sample document you have attached. Is there something else I need in order to see it?

Thanks,

Ashton