Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to get total page count

Level 2

Is there anyone know how to get the total page after we generate the pdf file. I'm using the rest method and create a out process.?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In workbench I use a SetValue

Before you assemble the document you need to build the DDX string and specify you want the xml info.

concat(/process_data/@ddxHeadStr, ' <DocumentInformation source="mergedPDF" result="doc_info.xml" />')

AFTER Assembly

Use SetValue set your xmlinfo variable (type xml) to this

/process_data/xmlInfo Set TO

/process_data/assemblerResult/object/documents[@id

="doc_info.xml"]

Then get your pages from the XMLinfo

/process_data/@numPages

=

/process_data/xmlInfo/DocInfo/NumPages

Hope this helps.  Email if not clear.  I had to fight through this recently and feel the documentation is really lacking.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Page count is one of the data points returned when you use the docInfo tag in a DDX.

Level 2

do you have any specific information, more details, sample? thanks for quick response

Level 8

DocInfo is a tag set that is part of the DDX command file.  LiveCycle Assembler uses a DDX file to determine what it is supposed to do to a file.  Have a look at the DDX reference guide: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/ddxRef/001000.html

and specifically at the Doc Info part:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/ddxRef/001170.html

(You can see the table of contents from the above links by clicking on the "Show Navigation" icon in the upper left)

Correct answer by
Level 2

In workbench I use a SetValue

Before you assemble the document you need to build the DDX string and specify you want the xml info.

concat(/process_data/@ddxHeadStr, ' <DocumentInformation source="mergedPDF" result="doc_info.xml" />')

AFTER Assembly

Use SetValue set your xmlinfo variable (type xml) to this

/process_data/xmlInfo Set TO

/process_data/assemblerResult/object/documents[@id

="doc_info.xml"]

Then get your pages from the XMLinfo

/process_data/@numPages

=

/process_data/xmlInfo/DocInfo/NumPages

Hope this helps.  Email if not clear.  I had to fight through this recently and feel the documentation is really lacking.

Level 2

Finally, I got it works. A Big thanks for all helping me.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Using DDX how to get the total number pages for given PDF/binaryData, please give the sample code

Former Community Member

Hi tried to modify DDX with

<DocumentInformation source="mergedPDF" result="doc_info.xml" />

But how can get the doc_info.xml and how to get the number of pages ??

Level 1

I am attempting to split a PDF that is input into a process via a watched folder. I have a sample DDX process that works to split it apart into individual files, but the default page number is hard coded in this sample. I tried using the method above to get the number of pages from the input PDF instead of the merged PDF, but I am getting errors. Should this work to get the total pages if the PDF is not the result of a DDX assembler process?