Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get more table rows to appear on form

Level 3

I'm looking for a way to have more table rows appear on the actual form.  I created a table with one header and one row with the add and delete button option.  I like how the purchase order form sample has it setup where in designer it shows one row and then on the form it appears the table has three rows to start with.  How do I do that?  I looked at the code on the sample and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Please help, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I have an example here on the steps to building up a dynamic table.

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/building-dynamic-tables/

You need to select the row and then go to the Object > Binding palette and set it to repeat. You can set the minimum and initial counts to what you want.

The form needs to be saved as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog.

Also the page needs to be set to Flowed, so that as the table grows it will push other object down. In addition you will need to set up the pagination settings so that the page flows as the number of rows exceeds a single page.

Give that a start and come back if you need more help,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I have an example here on the steps to building up a dynamic table.

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/building-dynamic-tables/

You need to select the row and then go to the Object > Binding palette and set it to repeat. You can set the minimum and initial counts to what you want.

The form needs to be saved as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog.

Also the page needs to be set to Flowed, so that as the table grows it will push other object down. In addition you will need to set up the pagination settings so that the page flows as the number of rows exceeds a single page.

Give that a start and come back if you need more help,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 3

This is perfect thank you, it was just what I needed.  One other question if its possible.  I'm going to try and word this the best way I can.  In the table cells I would like to have them labeled, for example the first cell would say Last Name and the second cell would say Phone Number and so on, the text would also be gray.  Then when the user goes to click on that cell the text disappears and the text they type is black text.  Is there an easy way to do this...any help on this is greatly appreciated?

Level 10

Hi,

The first part is easy to set up. If you select the object and go to the Object > Field palette. There you can click on display pattern and insert a null pattern, like "Name".

When the field doesn't have data, it will display "Name", but as soon as the user clicks in, this will automatically disappear.

The slight glitch is that by default this 'caption in the field' has the same text style as the rawValue, typically Myriad, black 10pt.

To achieve a grey, italic font to the null values, will require a little script.

If you look at page 2 of this example you will see how I have set up the three fields on the right:

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/laying-out-form-objects/

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 3

thanks for your help on this!! everything works perfect!!