Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to find/reset the admin password?

Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to this. The admin userid/password that was successfully used in the past in not being recognized now.

I was trying to log in to Adobe LiveCycle ES ver 8.2 from http://localhost:8080/adminui/login.faces and receive the message "Username and password do not match".

Is there a way for me to reset the userid/password ? I cannot reset a user's password before accessing thie admin account first.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

Yajiv

4 Replies

Level 7

Yajiv:

If you are sure that no one changed it, chances are that your appserver's JDBC connection pool has lost connections to the database.  Check the appserver logs.

Former Community Member

Hello,

we forgot the password given during installation of LC ES last year. I hope, no  new installation, but somekind of "re-run the configuration manager". Can someone give me a hint, please?

Regards

Level 7

Some people have had success in LC ES 8.2 with running the following SQL statement on the LiveCycle backend database.  It re-sets the password of the 'Super Administrator' user to 'password':

UPDATE adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity, adobe.edcprincipaluserentity
SET  password = 'TXScDjEEQCzWccUMUdf8wijx/hE=', salt =  'JNIBnmos3d0WE9W8oquFIQ=='
WHERE  adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity.refuserprincipalid =  adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.id and adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.uidstring =  'administrator';

adobe  = the schema name

This is risky - if something goes wrong, you will have to re-bootstrap.

Level 10

I am using LCES 8.2 where I don't find the option to change password.

I gave full permissions to administrator account (i.e assigned all roles defined by Adobe).

Nith