Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to enable SAVE functionality using a button?

Level 2

Hi All,

I need to make Save Option enabled.

For this I written app.exec.MenuItem( "Save" );

But its not working. I have gone through some of the discussions on the same topic.

I found that the Reder Rights need to be exended.

Could any one please explain me how to extend the Reader rights? or How to achive SAVE if there is a way?

My environment is Adobe LivCycle Designer 8.0 and acrobat reader 9.3.

Regards

Vas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Here is a summary of the options for deploying a form. It lists the features and restrictions depending on whether a form is enabled and how it is enabled.

There are two options to reader enable. One is using the full version of Acrobat and the other is using LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2. There are license restrictions when you use Acrobat to extend the form. You will not be able to extend the form using Reader.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Here is a summary of the options for deploying a form. It lists the features and restrictions depending on whether a form is enabled and how it is enabled.

There are two options to reader enable. One is using the full version of Acrobat and the other is using LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2. There are license restrictions when you use Acrobat to extend the form. You will not be able to extend the form using Reader.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 7

There are 2 ways to reader enable forms. The first (and most expensive) is to buy the Reader Extension software from Adobe. The other is to enable them through Acrobat. Open your form in Acrobat, click on Advanced then click on Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader.