Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

How to display year only from data input with format DD/MM/YYYY ?

Level 1

Hi expert i'm new in adobe livecycle designer, recently I have a requirement to display year only with YYYY format from input data with format DD/MM?YYYY. Actually I'm working in SAP C4C on sales quote we here input date from calender dropdown with DD/MM/YYYY format, but when we print the pdf file, the file just need to display theh year YYYY format only?

Thank you

Regards,

Rindang

4 Replies

Level 10

You can define different patterns for a date field, one for displaying, editing, validating and saving.

Use the Display pattern date{YYYY} and the Edit pattern date{DD/MM/YYYY}.

1197538_pastedImage_0.png

A few more tips about patterns are here: LiveCycle Blog: Flexible Datumseingabe durch Datumsmuster//Flexible input of dates with date pattern...

Level 1

Hello Radzmar, Maybe you also know this one too.

I have a requirement, after successfully displaying the year, we have a field called year2. The value for year2 is filled by the formula year2 =year1 + 5

year1 is the previous year that is gotten from converted input date (DD/MM/YYYY has been converted to YYYY)

I have tried many formulas but they are not work anymore

Thank you.

Level 10

Hi,

with a short FormCalc script in the Year2 fields calculate event this won't be a problem:

if (not DateField1.isNull) then

$ =  Sum(DateField1.formattedValue, 5)

endif