Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to clear signature field if certain fields are blank

Level 3

I'm creating a bunch of forms with signature fields, and I'm running across a common issue.  If I have a date field that must be entered before the user signs the form, the user can sign it without entering the date.  I created a script that checks if some fields have been entered, and if they are not, a message box is displayed.  I put this script in the pre-sign event of the signature field.  When I click on the signature field when those fields are blank, I get the message box as expected, but the user is still able to sign the form.  The fields are set to required as well.  Is there a way to exit or abort the signing within the pre-sign event script so that the sign dialog box does not display?  If not, can I clear the signature using a script in the post-sign event?  An example script to clear the signature would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 7

I had a similar problem. The way I solved it was to put a button on top of the signature field. I set the presence to look like a field i.e. no fill and a border. When the user clicks on it thinking they are going to sign they are warned that there are missing fields that must be filled and they cannot proceed. The button has the code to check to see if the fields are populated. Once all the missing fields are populated then the button is hidden and when the user goes to sign there is no problem.