Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to associate a group of Check Marks or Radio Buttons?

Level 1

I am a long time user of AcroForms, but decided to take a cursory look at the newfangled XFA forms.

One complain that I have is that whereas the traditional forms could be made to look very closely to the underling image (my forms consist of interactive fields superimposed over existent paper forms over whose layout I have zero control), the new forms have fancy, beveled appearances. I find very hard to match the fields on top on the image underneath.

Anyway, that was just a comment - Let's proceed to my question.

How can I implement the mutual exclusivity behavior on a set of check marks or radio buttons? I also prefer the behavior where a clicked item goes back to unclicked and the set of items gets reset to its initial, pristine status.

TIA,

-Ramon

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In Designer click on the RadioButton. In the object palette there is a Binding tab. The Name field is probably empty. Give it a name - this name will represent the group of Radio Buttons so call it something meaningful. In the hierarchy view you shoudl see your RadioButton inside of a group object with the name you just gave it. Now drag and drop the other radio buttons you want into this group (in the hierarchy view). The exclusivity is handled by the group and there will be one value in your data that represents the group. Click on the Group object (in the hierarchy view). On its Object/Binding tab you can assign on/off values for all buttons (Note that the values must be unique).

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 10

You can make the fields look like whatever you want using a combination of the Border palette and the Appearance section of the Object palette.

Level 2

Select all the radio buttons and then under the layout tab you will see wrap in new radio button group. This will have them work toether. i just did a bunch of them today. Thanks