Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Generator issue - "An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service"

Level 2

Hello!

Yes I know that Lc ES2 is not supported on Win7 64 Bit and has anyone else run into the same issue with PDFGen solely on Win7. If yes I just would stop investigating more if not any help is appreciated. I am getting only this error below when converting office docs to PDF via Adminui or LaunchPad:

2010-01-28 12:13:03,996 INFO  [STDOUT]

ERROR: API        = ReadFile(1)
       ERROR CODE = 109
       MESSAGE    = The pipe has been ended.
2010-01-28 12:13:03,999 WARN  [com.adobe.service.ProcessResource] BMC024: Service PDFMakerSvc: Process ProcessResource@65405b33(name=pdfgen.exe,pid=0) terminate
d abnormally with error code {3}
2010-01-28 12:13:04,000 INFO  [com.adobe.service.ImpersonatedConnectionManager] Service PDFMakerSvc: Resource ProcessResource@65405b33(name=pdfgen.exe,pid=0) re
turned credential gmaslabe-w7/gmaslabe

Detailled error log attached.

P.S.

I already did the UAC and registry changes which I found described in the Prepare Install Guide for Vista / Windows 2008 64 Bit

Thanks

Gunther

1 Reply

Level 2

In fact UAC was not switched off. On Windows 7 you will find the "User Account Control Settings" by searching for UAC and you have to lower the notification level to 'Never notify'. However make sure you get a message that you have to reboot to get the changes applied. I tried it once yesterday and I didn't get the message and it didn't work. Then I did it again today, got the message, rebooted and it worked.

Despite the Prepare Install Guide it did not harm my Lc ES2 installation, just the service did not come up. Keep also in mind that you run the scripts under pdf-config dir when you install Acrobat after the Lc ES2 install. It also seems - partner experience - that Lc will refuse to install if you don't have 9.2 exactly. What you could do is just uninstall and reinstall after the Lc ES configuration manager completed.

Keep also in mind that experiences show that Acrobat 9.3 does work flawlessly with ES2 after the installation.