Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add a GDT symbol (from GDT font) to a textfield.

Level 9

I am creating a form for the Engineering Department. The end users need to be able to insert a GDT symbol into a textfield sentence. The sentence uses standard font (Myriad Pro) but the GDT symbol uses the GDT font. Is there a script I could attach to a checkbox that when checked, would allow the user to enter a GDT font symbol but that would not change the font on the text that has already been entered? Then after the GDT symbol has been entered, the user would need to switch back to the standard font again to continue the sentence.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

-Don

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Make sure that the field in question is setup as a Rich Text Field. Now when the user is filling out the field they can hit the Ctrl-E combination and the Field Text Properties toolbar will popup. This will allow the user to change fonts or add styles to the text in the textfield. They can change it back after the fact if they wish.

I find it easier to put all of the text in (using one font). Then put the curosr where you want the GDT symbol to appear, hit Ctrl-E and change the font, then add the symbol you want. You don't have to do it that way that is just the way I would do it

Hope that helps

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Make sure that the field in question is setup as a Rich Text Field. Now when the user is filling out the field they can hit the Ctrl-E combination and the Field Text Properties toolbar will popup. This will allow the user to change fonts or add styles to the text in the textfield. They can change it back after the fact if they wish.

I find it easier to put all of the text in (using one font). Then put the curosr where you want the GDT symbol to appear, hit Ctrl-E and change the font, then add the symbol you want. You don't have to do it that way that is just the way I would do it

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 9

Yes! That works great! Is there a way to choose these GDT symbols from a dropdown list?

Thanks very much for your help!

Former Community Member

I do not know what those symbols are ...but I do not see why you cannot have a DDList with those chars in it..

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----