Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Button should be VISIBLE only if user entered all mandatory fields?

Level 8

Hello

I have 10 fields on the form, 3 are required/mandatory fields to enter the data. And i also kept a button with caption CHECK FIELDS.

I also kept a 2nd button, say the caption is GOOD TO GO (its not a SUBMIT button, both buttons are normalbuttons)

At ths point, GOOD TO GO button is "hidden'

Now, say, user forgot to enter in 2 required fields, and pressed CHECK FIELDS button, user prompted 2 times with popup the respect field captions.

Now, user entered in 1 field and forgot again to enter the data in another field and pressed CHECK FIELDS button, user prompted 1 time with a popup with the respect field caption.

Now, user entered that field also, fine, and pressed CHECK FIELDS button, user DID NOT prompted with any popup.

BUT AT THIS POINT, i need to SHOW/PRESENCE the GOOD TO GO button

Pls. let me know how can get it done in JavaScript?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In click event of CHECK FIELDS button,you can check if all the three required fields are filled.Accordingly you can make the 'Good to Go' button hidden/visible.

if(reqField1XPath.rawValue != null && reqField2Xpath.rawValue != null && reqField3Xpath.rawValue != null)

{

//If all the the three fields are filled make the button visible

GoodToGoButtonXpath.presence = "visible";

}

else

{

GoodToGoButtonXpath.presence = "hidden";

}

Where reqField1XPath,reqField2XPath,reqField3XPath,GoodToGoButtonXpath should be the XPATH of the fields.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

In click event of CHECK FIELDS button,you can check if all the three required fields are filled.Accordingly you can make the 'Good to Go' button hidden/visible.

if(reqField1XPath.rawValue != null && reqField2Xpath.rawValue != null && reqField3Xpath.rawValue != null)

{

//If all the the three fields are filled make the button visible

GoodToGoButtonXpath.presence = "visible";

}

else

{

GoodToGoButtonXpath.presence = "hidden";

}

Where reqField1XPath,reqField2XPath,reqField3XPath,GoodToGoButtonXpath should be the XPATH of the fields.