Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How i can set relative positions in form objects.

Level 2

Hi,

I am creating an invoice form, which is blinded with a schema. In my application, the form is rendered from a data XML file.

In the form, there is a table and 2 text boxes under the table. While rendering, the table contents are coming above the text boxes.

How can i give a relative position to the text boxes, so that while the table rows increases, the text boxes also come down, without overlapping.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2
  1. The main subform (that is the one that is created by default should be set to "Flowed", "Western Text".
  2. Then put the Table in another subform BUT within the main form and set this new subform to "Positioned"
  3. Create another subform for your Text, also setting that one to "Positioned".
  4. Make sure in your hierarchy, the subforms are arranged properly, that is main flowed form first, then followed by your table subform, then text subform (or which ever order you want them to follow; JUST REMEMBER THE TABLE AND TEXT SUBFORMS MUST BE WITHIN THE MAIN SUBFORM.  Test the form and as your table grows, it should push your texts down.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2
  1. The main subform (that is the one that is created by default should be set to "Flowed", "Western Text".
  2. Then put the Table in another subform BUT within the main form and set this new subform to "Positioned"
  3. Create another subform for your Text, also setting that one to "Positioned".
  4. Make sure in your hierarchy, the subforms are arranged properly, that is main flowed form first, then followed by your table subform, then text subform (or which ever order you want them to follow; JUST REMEMBER THE TABLE AND TEXT SUBFORMS MUST BE WITHIN THE MAIN SUBFORM.  Test the form and as your table grows, it should push your texts down.

Former Community Member

Ensure you are using the FLOW layout in the containing subform, then everything will "move" accordingly.

Best practice for starters:

-> Make you Root-Subform flowed, and then build from there

Level 2

Thank you for your replay, i have gone through your steps and it worked, thanks ..

Level 2

Hi, thanks for your replay. The problem was with the 'FLOW'. It is working now.