Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How do I set a value in a numeric field based on a checkbox field?

Former Community Member

I'm trying to get a numeric field to return a certain numeric value depending on the user's answer to a checkbox. Here's my code:

if (CheckBox1[0].rawValue == 1) then $.rawValue == 969.00 else $.rawValue == "" endif

When the form displays, the numeric field's value displays as $1.00 and if I check the box it changes to $0.00 - but I want it to return $969.00 when checked and be blank when not checked.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The syntax is FormCalc, so make sure you have set the language in the script editor to FormCalc.

Also, you are correct when testing equality to use the double equal sign ==. However when assigning a value you use a single equal sign.

FormCalc dosen't need the .rawValue.

Make sure that you have set the "specify values" in the checkbox Object/Binding tab and that on = 1. Also the [0] in your script indicates that there are more than one occurrence of CheckBox1. I would be inclined to name objects uniquely, as it makes it easier to script.

So this should work in the calculate event of the numeric field:

if (CheckBox1 == 1) then

$ = 969.00

else

$ = 0.00

endif

Set the pattern of the numeric field for the currency symbols, etc.

Good luck,

Niall

ps You might want to put the figues into quotation marks. Also having the script in the calculate event will automatically make the field calculated - read only. You may want this, but if you don't you can change it in the Object/Value tab. On the other hand you can have similar script in the exit event of the check box.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The syntax is FormCalc, so make sure you have set the language in the script editor to FormCalc.

Also, you are correct when testing equality to use the double equal sign ==. However when assigning a value you use a single equal sign.

FormCalc dosen't need the .rawValue.

Make sure that you have set the "specify values" in the checkbox Object/Binding tab and that on = 1. Also the [0] in your script indicates that there are more than one occurrence of CheckBox1. I would be inclined to name objects uniquely, as it makes it easier to script.

So this should work in the calculate event of the numeric field:

if (CheckBox1 == 1) then

$ = 969.00

else

$ = 0.00

endif

Set the pattern of the numeric field for the currency symbols, etc.

Good luck,

Niall

ps You might want to put the figues into quotation marks. Also having the script in the calculate event will automatically make the field calculated - read only. You may want this, but if you don't you can change it in the Object/Value tab. On the other hand you can have similar script in the exit event of the check box.

Former Community Member

Thanks so much - obviously I am just learning!

But I did have my language set correctly, it's only the == that caused the problem.