Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Submitted form does not show data

Former Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am working on the form that has 3 subforms which are hidden exclude from the layout. It also has a workflow. The subform will show only when one of radio button is selected. The show and hidden is working fine but when the form is submitted, the data in the subform that was selected to visible does not show when it route to the next person. I am not sure what I miss in the form or the workflow, can any one please advise/help me on this.

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you have the code that control's the hidden/invisible atrtibute of the forms in the change event, try adding this to your ready-form event:

if(this.rawValue)

{

this.execEvent("change");

}

Fill in the evetn you want to trigger if it isnt the change-event that you are using.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

I'm not an expert, but I've notice on my forms with hides that sometimes when you open the file again after its been saved the show/hide form does appear to be hidden again.  However its still there.  If the radio button the user choose is selected, just select it again and the hidden form will show up again with the data intact.  I believe I'm missing a piece of code that would resolve this issue, but its not such a huge deal since I noted that the data is really still there you just have to click the appropriate check box or radio button again to get the show code to display subform correctly.

Hope that helps.

Former Community Member

Hello,

Thanks HarrisFR for the quick reply. You are right on the point that user have to select it again to have the data shown but it is kind of annoying the user to do that and hard for them to remember to select it again when they just need go to the form to view it and then approve it to route to the next person. I would prefer to have some help on those missing codes to solve this problem. If any one have another idea, please help.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Hello,

Instead of using a set of radio buttons, I change it to use the drop-down list and the problem is still happening. The subform that was selected to visible when user submit the form does not show when it route to the next person. In order to see that subform, the user have to select from the drop-down list again. Can any one please help with this problem.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

All right, I think I found a work around way to solve this problem by putting the same script in the initialize event. Now I have the same codes in the exit and initialize event of that drop down list. Both radio buttons and drop-down list will work if I do this way but I am not really satisfied with it since I feel like putting redundant codes in the form. If any of you have a better solution please advise.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you have the code that control's the hidden/invisible atrtibute of the forms in the change event, try adding this to your ready-form event:

if(this.rawValue)

{

this.execEvent("change");

}

Fill in the evetn you want to trigger if it isnt the change-event that you are using.

Former Community Member

Thanks Rien a lot for providing a useful tip! It works like a charm. You saved me a lot of redundant codes.

Han Dao