Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I save a PDF as dynamic?

Level 1

Hello, I have created a form and I need to color code each item on a drop down list within the form.  I have edited the javascript for the drop down list but the changes do not appear.  Currently the file is saved as a static pdf.  I have changed the PDF render format to dynamic but when I try to save the file I do not get an option to save it as a dynamic pdf.  What can I do to fix this problem?

5 Replies

Level 2

Please specify in which event and what code you have used?

Level 8

If you do a save as you'll see the option to save the PDF as dynamic but that shoud not have any affect on a script to the dropdown

Level 1

That is my problem. When I save as there is no option in the drop down menu to save my PDF as dynamic.  It only has 3 static options. I've changed the PDF render format to dynamic in the form properties default tab and now i'm trying to figure out why I can't save the pdf as dynamic.

Level 1

Same issue here: LiveCycle Designer ES2 (9.0.0.2...)

There are tons of Adobe help pages and documentation which say to save your file as a "dynamic PDF".

But no such option exists when I try to save. I only see:

"Adobe Static PDF Form"

"Adobe Dynamic XML Form"

"Adobe XML Form"

"Adobe LiveCycle Designer Template"

What conditons exist - or setting is required - for this "Dynamic PDF" option to appear? I would think that it was merely a case of casual transposition of terms - or some other typo - but this specific term "Dynamic PDF" seems to be very popular on the web; so it must exist (or have existed) somewhere in Adobeland at some point!

Level 2

Hi,

I just had this exact same problem. I went into File > Form Properties > Defaults and changed the Target Version at the top of defaults to a later version. In my case I changed it from Acrobat and Adobe Reader 6.0.2 or later to Acrobat and Adobe Reader 9 or later and then went to Save As to find the dynamic option was now available.

Hope this helps,

Greig