Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do I make a TextField span pages in Static PDF?

Level 1

I've spent days looking into this without any luck, so thanks for any help!

Scenario:

A friend has a web based system which merges data with a PDF, all she has to do is create the PDF and set the Name of the TextField to be 'CustomerName' for example and that field gets populated with the data.

Problem:

The last field on the PDF is a list that contains more than one page of data, and the data is being truncated by the field.

Attempted Fixes:

Save the PDF as Dynamic and set the 'Expand to Fit' options but the data wouldn't merge with this.

Questions:

Is there anything I'm missing with the Dynamic PDF to enable the data to merge?

Can I get a TextField to expand to fit the value and over multiple pages?

Thanks,

Adam.

6 Replies

Level 10

Along with your attempted fixes, try making the Page1 subform to Flowed layout. and if you wrap your text field in a Subform, set that subform also to be Flowed.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Is this applicable for a static PDF?

Regards,

Adam.

Level 10

It has to be Dynamic PDF as you mentioned in your Attempeted Fixes.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

When I create the Dynamic PDF none of the data merges onto it, I'm guessing the Dynamic PDF exposes the fields differently to a Static PDF. I'd be happy going with the Dynamic PDF approach if there is a way to get the data to merge to it.

Thanks,

Adam.

Level 10

How are you merging the data into the form? If you are using the binding properties for the fields then it should populate the data in Dynamic PDF format.

Thanks

Srini

Message was edited by: Srini Dhulipalla

Level 1

We don't have any control over the system that merges the data, we just create the TextFields and set the names of them to be certain things, CustomerName for instance and the data gets merged. Are you suggesting there is a way to set properties of the TextFields in a Dynamic PDF to pick the data up? If so could you please provide some direction to do this?

Thanks,

Adam.