Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How do I enable NTML/Windows authentication for LiveCycle SOAP services?

Level 1

Our LC server is setup to authenticate with Active Directory. I have a C# application that is calling SOAP services on the server. I'd love to have my application pass the current users credentials instead of using basic authentication.

Can this be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Looks like this isn't possible. However, an acceptable workaround is to enable SSO instead. Assuming that your LiveCycle server is on a private network you can then send the current user's login Id or unique identifier to authenticate. So long as they're in the ActiveDirectory database then they're authenticated.

So I'm not using true Kerberos delegation, but I don't mind having LiveCycle on a private network. SSO authentication works for HTML, Ajax and SOAP requests.

How this helps someone.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

Looks like this isn't possible. However, an acceptable workaround is to enable SSO instead. Assuming that your LiveCycle server is on a private network you can then send the current user's login Id or unique identifier to authenticate. So long as they're in the ActiveDirectory database then they're authenticated.

So I'm not using true Kerberos delegation, but I don't mind having LiveCycle on a private network. SSO authentication works for HTML, Ajax and SOAP requests.

How this helps someone.