Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How do I create a submit button for my form? I would like it to send the completed PDF to an email address

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to Adobe XI and I can't find a "submit by email" button for my form. I created a button and tried to set up some actions but, I can only get the button to direct the user to a URL. How do I make it send the completed PDF to our designated company email address? I'm not too familiar with JAVASCRIPTS so I haven't tried that plus I heard it may not work with users with adobe reader.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

4 Replies

Level 2

Thanks for the input. I think you might have a different version of LiveCycle than the copy I have since it looks a little different. However, I found the answer in Adobe help. I had to type "mailto:" before the email address to indicate it's an email and not a URL. See below.

• To collect form data as attachments to email, type mailto: followed by the email address. For example, mailto:nobody@adobe.com.

Level 2

If you set the submit button using the mailto command, the end users will need client-side email software setup correctly.

To bypass client-side email software you can set the submit button to point to a server-side script such as PHP or ASP.net.

For online examples:

http://www.pdfemail.net/examples/