Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How come text fields are expanding over top of one another?

Former Community Member

Hello

I've been through the forums and I have tried some of the options made availalbe to others, but they don't seem to be working for me.

I currently have a dynamic form.  The 1st page as positioned, then I tried it as flowed, neither work.  I've wraped the text fields in their own subfrom and have added them to both of the above, still not woking.  I of course selected allow mulitiple lines and page break across pages, still not working.  I'm extremely frusttrated.  When I had the text fields on the 2nd page they expand properly, they should all text and automatically went over to the next page.  Is it because I now have them on the 1st page?  I've enclosed it for assistance.  BTW, I have no idea where i'm at with this anymore, my brain is numb.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Please find the updated form and now the text does not wrap on top of next text box.

I placed all the controls in the group under asubform and made it flowed.. And then each text box I placed inside another subform and checked the autofit in the Height property in the Layout tab for each subform..

Let me know if you still have issues...

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Please find the updated form and now the text does not wrap on top of next text box.

I placed all the controls in the group under asubform and made it flowed.. And then each text box I placed inside another subform and checked the autofit in the Height property in the Layout tab for each subform..

Let me know if you still have issues...

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Thank you soooooo much.  This was irritating me to no end.  I really

appreciate the time you took to help me resolve this issue.  I have noticed something else with CS4.  I used to be able to attach the pdf to an email and have our instructors complete the form and send it back.  It returns it as a .XML document instead of the pdf.  I know if I distribute it from Acrobat it returns fine.  Would you know why, it is perfoming this way.  CS3 let me attach it, as well as distribute it.  Thanks,

Level 10

If you have the button type as Submit you should be able to set the Submit Type as PDF in the Submit tab. May be you can try using this.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Hello

Thank you again.  I'm using the object 'Submit by email' button and I eliminated the borders so it just looks like text.  When I'm in the object properties pallette,field tab shows  'type' as 'email submit button', but doesn't give a choice of 'pdf' to submit.  I when through the forms properties and also checked there, as well as the other objects and objects libaray.  I would really appreciate you letting me know where I can select the choice from.  I believe you are right, it would be most helpful.  Thanks.

Level 10

Hi I am attching a screen shot which may be helpful to you..

Change the control type to Button and then select the options as per the screen shot. You can place your email address in the Submit to URL box in the Submit tab as mailto:xxxxx@xyzCompany.com.

Hope this helps..

Srini

Former Community Member

Hi

Thank you very much.  This made the difference.