Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I make a fillable table that allows me to select text in bulk yet retains tab over ability?

Level 1

I'm working on a form in livecycle and am trying to make a form which is easy for my client to fill out and easy for me to extract the data from.

Basically I am desiging a form that my clent fills out by entering data into 4 X 3 table (four rows, three columns).  In this form they will put names in the first column,  countries in the second column, and account numbers in the third coloumn.

While this is not too hard to do, what I would really like to do is make it so that when I extract this data from the form I can easily select all the names in the first column at once, all the countries listed in column two at once, and then the same for column three. I'm placing this data into a word file for use in a mail merge table, so it just streamlines it all if I can highlight everything in one column at once rather than having to select every name/country/account number separately. (And before I get criticized for being lazy, haha, I will be duplicating this 4X3 table at least 7-8 times, as each table will have information specific to other criteria in the form.)

I've realized that Adobe doesn't seem to let me bulk select text in multiple text boxes, yet because I'm working with a table I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing that would allow me to do this, or perhaps there's even another better way to do this job.

Thank you for your help and I apologize if this is a bit confusing!

2 Replies

Level 2

This is a bit confusing  ;-)

If I understand you correctly, the problem is that the data is exported in a row fashion, and you want it in a column fashion ?

What I would do is this: extract the current data into XML, open up my XML editor, write an XSLT transformation script to transform the data into what I want, then, on your data connection, you can specify an XSLT to transform the data on export.  Put that XSLT there and problem solved.

Level 1

You may have already gotten an answer for this since it was a bit ago, but if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro you can save all of your forms you collect into one folder, saved with individual file names so they will not over-write one another and then in Acrobat click Forms>Manage Form Data>Merge Data Files into Spreadsheets. It walks you through it from there and you can Select All of your saved files and it will generate the spreadsheet for you and you can do what you wish in Excel. Hope this helps!

Merge Form Data in Acrobat Pro.PNG