Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How can i get bigger drop-down box?

Level 8

Hello,

Say, i hv a 'State'(Caption) drop-down on my_form. Bcz of space limitation, i hv gave the width of 1.4 cm, in such a way that accommodate Caption ONLY.

But, the values are so lenghy, like MA-Massachussettts, NH-New Hempshire, fine

So, now, when user opened my_form, when user dropped-down the list/pulled the drop-down the list, user is getting a BOX of width of 1.4 cm only!! but the entries are lenghty like 3 cm to 3.5 cm..........so, i want user get a bigger box so that user can see all the full lenghth of the list values, like MA-Massachussetts.

Pls. let me know how can i set the drop-down box size/width as per the values (here as 3 cm to 3.5 cm in this case, to see the complete Ma-Massaachussetts), NOT as per Caption?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

1) You can also set the tooltip at runtime, but this is probably not an efficient approach.

2) The script is fairly straight forward.

mouseEnter:

this.w = "2in";

mouseExit:

this.w = "1.375in";

3) When a field is set to readOnly, the tooltip does not show.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Srinivas,

Have a look at the second example here: https://acrobat.com/#d=jD3k1sL7PGcTo6CHHTiEOA

Script in the mouseEnter and mouseExit events.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 8

Thank you, but, i did not see the associated attached script for it (extensiding their sizes, tool tip), pls. let me know their scripts so that i willl use it as a snippet.

1) Regarding the TOOL TIP: Pls. note that, my drop-down entries/values are DYNAMIC, my_form does not know UNTIL runtime, i mean, i am not specifying the values/entries at my_form level, am passing them from back end/data source/SAP software

2) Resize: Pls. copy&paste the attached JavaScript for these resizing on MouseEnter & MouseExit events here pls.

3) I am not getting tool tip (either Caption or Name or Value) for 'readOnly"/Grey colored fields, pls. let me know is it a 'standard' Adode/Acrobat functionality by default? or can we do some thing to get the tool tip for ALL fields inclusing "readOnly"/Greyed colored fields?

Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

1) You can also set the tooltip at runtime, but this is probably not an efficient approach.

2) The script is fairly straight forward.

mouseEnter:

this.w = "2in";

mouseExit:

this.w = "1.375in";

3) When a field is set to readOnly, the tooltip does not show.

Hope that helps,

Niall