Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

$host does not have the method exportData

Level 1

Hi there;

I am trying to find ways to debug javascript inside an Adobe XML form. For this I like to to save the data xml using the command

xfa.host.exportData("",0);

This results in an error "$host does not have the method exportData". I have tried the same using the messageBox method with the same result. The Intellisense recognises the method though.

Currently the code is the initialize event, but I also tried the docReady event with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I am using LifeCycle ES4, downloaded from the SAP SoftwareCenter.

Thanks

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Bruce,

The Export Data option is not available to me (at least I can't find it) in the PDF Preview.I found the solution (by accident) though. The issue was that the preview was using the PDF format. I have switched this to Dynamic XML Form and it is working now. This was under Form Properties->Preview

Regards

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Thomas,

I don't know why that command doesn't work for you, works fine for me.

But if you are just after the XML, in Acrobat you can do Edit ... Form Options ... Export Data

Regards

Bruce

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Bruce,

The Export Data option is not available to me (at least I can't find it) in the PDF Preview.I found the solution (by accident) though. The issue was that the preview was using the PDF format. I have switched this to Dynamic XML Form and it is working now. This was under Form Properties->Preview

Regards

Thomas