Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hiding borders around text fields?

Level 2

Hi,

My pdf form has many text fields with borders. One of the fields has a dropdown click calender date extension, and its border wont hide when printed. The others all work with the preprint* formcalc event as follows:

ui.textEdit.border.edge.presence = "hidden";

any suggestions on how to remove the date fields border?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Sorry, I thought you wanted to change it dynamically. Yes the Appearance dropdown in the Field Tab assigns the borderStyle/fillStyle around the field itself--the Border Pallet assigns the borderStyle/fillStyle around the whole object (field AND caption).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

In thethere are 2 types of borders that can be applied--One for the field with caption (in the Border Tab) and one for just the field itself (in the Object/Appearence setting). The second one is the <ui> and I believe the <ui> is a different syntax for dropdowns.

Examining the XML it looks like the correct <ui> script "might" be:

this.ui.choiceList.border.edge.presence = "hidden";

The other border would require a different script which  "might" be:.

this.border.edge.presence = "hidden";

These might not be correct--it's my best guess after looking at the XML for a dropdown list.

Good luck!

Stephen

Level 2

Thanks for the help, but I'm sorry i think i phrased my question wrong. The list isn't a dropdown, its still just a text field (labeled "evaluation date"), but with mm/dd/year calender that opens up (DateTimeField) when the date field is clicked. sorry for the confusion :/

-Daniel

Level 2

bump! still tryna resolve this problem :/

Thanks,

Daniel

Level 7

Hi,

I don't have time to test--however, I think the answer is:

this.ui.dateTimeEdit.border.presence = "hidden";

goodluck!

Stephen

Level 2

actually i figured it out and it was super simple! The "appearance" menu was set to sunken box

and all i had to do was select none and it dissapeared. Thanks for all the help !

-Daniel

Correct answer by
Level 7

Sorry, I thought you wanted to change it dynamically. Yes the Appearance dropdown in the Field Tab assigns the borderStyle/fillStyle around the field itself--the Border Pallet assigns the borderStyle/fillStyle around the whole object (field AND caption).