Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

help with xfa-form

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am a developer (VB6 ASP),

Please, I need to know, What I need to populate/read an xfa-form, that was created for another company.

I do not know what is the tool that I need to investigate, or a component. (the pdf form it was created with liveCycle)

The original empty pdf form is in xfa-form and I need fill in and the resulted file is delivered to another person that stamp digital signature,

I can fill this pdf form manually with adobe reader 9, but i need this task programmatically.

has any idea for this?

Thank you in advance!

(sorry for my english)

Clarisa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I'm not a licensing expert, but I'm pretty sure the EULA says something about using the code server side (regardless of the number of licenses owned). You should check with your Adobe Rep (or support) to make sure

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

If you need the form to be interactive after the data is added then you will want to look at LiveCycle Forms.  If the file is not to be interactive then you can use Output.

One other note.  If your clients are going to be use the Free Reader and you want them to add a signature or save the data then you will also need ReaderExtensions

Former Community Member

Thank you Hodmi!

Another question, I new in adobe Technologies, and I am lost in the family of LiveCycle products,

I need pre-populate the pdf that I have attached, xfa-form1.pdf

for example,

1- I download this pdf from an external site,

2- I have to pre-populate with 2 Fields that I obtain from my Database,

3- I embed this pdf file in aspx page(ASP.NET)

4- the user 1 must put their signature.

4- the user 2 must put their signature.

End

I saw code that manipulate programmatically .xdp files with pdf forms, but I do not know if I can manipulate this pdf that I have attached, please, could you help me, If in theory I Can do that?

(I have to do with ASP.NET)

Best Regards!

Clarisa

Level 8

Prepopulation (and data extraction) of forms is generally done with LiveCycle Forms.    Adding the signatures is usually done client side, but if you need to add them server side then look at the Digital Signatures module (it also can verify client side signatures).

As far as using it with .Net goes, LiveCycle services are available as web services.  Net handles web services via "Web References".  The online LC documentation has quite a few .Net (C#) samples showing how to do this.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

I read about Adobe liveCyle form ES, and I think that's like using a cannon to kill a mosquito.
I have an application running on IIS web server. 
and the only I need firstly is pre-populate the form similar that I sent before,
Now, I am reading about acrobat SDK and I do not know if I can do it.
please, could you tell me if I can do with SDK?

by the way I do not have a response about the cost of licence (I sent an email to adobe),

could you tell me more or less how much it costs?

I really appreciate your help with this.

Many Thanks!
Clarisa

Level 8

I'm pretty sure that using the Acrobat SDKs server side violates the SDK EULA, not to mention the issues of thread saftey and scalability.

Its true that using LiveCycle can be like cutting your butter with a chainsaw, but it does take care of all of the server side stuff that can come back to haunt you later on.

Former Community Member

even If I buy some licences, I will violate the SDK EULA ?

many tks!
Hodmi

Correct answer by
Level 8

I'm not a licensing expert, but I'm pretty sure the EULA says something about using the code server side (regardless of the number of licenses owned). You should check with your Adobe Rep (or support) to make sure

Former Community Member

Many thanks Hodmi!

Finally,

The Adobe LiveCycle Server products are the only method provided by Adobe for automating manipulation of XFA forms?