Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Help with repeatable subform please - at wits end.

Former Community Member

I know this should be basic and easy but after about 20 hours I still don't know what I am doing wrong.

I just want a button to add another subform containing the fields that need to be filled in.

It's an event sign in sheet that I want to distribute to iPads.  It has some user detail and then they would click submit and it would add the subform for the next attendee to fill out.

Thank you very much, in advance, for your help.

http://www.gatorserver1.com/links/SiS-LC-V17.pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I'ved looked at your form and can't begin to understand the coding you have for the add section button (you are way beyond me), but I can make it work with a simpler script.

1. Your subform needs to be flowed.

2. You need to set the "repeat subform for each data item" information in the binding tab

3. I added some blank space to the bottom of the flowed subform in the layout tab to make it a full page

4. put the button in the flowed subform

5. use this script "Form1.Page1.AttendeeSubform.instanceManager.addInstance(1);" in the click event

6. look at the properties and make sure the "version to run as" is compatible with what you are doing

7. save it as a dynamic form not a static one

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

I'ved looked at your form and can't begin to understand the coding you have for the add section button (you are way beyond me), but I can make it work with a simpler script.

1. Your subform needs to be flowed.

2. You need to set the "repeat subform for each data item" information in the binding tab

3. I added some blank space to the bottom of the flowed subform in the layout tab to make it a full page

4. put the button in the flowed subform

5. use this script "Form1.Page1.AttendeeSubform.instanceManager.addInstance(1);" in the click event

6. look at the properties and make sure the "version to run as" is compatible with what you are doing

7. save it as a dynamic form not a static one

I hope this helps.

Former Community Member

The code that was in there was created by LiveCycle.

Thanks for the help.  I will try your suggestion now.

Level 1

here is a copy you can look at

>>> LouSir <forums@adobe.com> 2011/12/08 6:03 pm >>>

LouSir created the discussion

"Re: Help with repeatable subform please - at wits end."

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4072636#4072636

Former Community Member

That worked like a charm.  Now I need to figure out why the email button and text header on the master page is repeating on the form each time I hit submit even though I have it set to a min max of 1 occurence.

Also trying to figure out how to go to the "next record" once submit is clicked.

Level 1

The repeatable subform has to have a Master Page on which to appear, so I think you would have two options.

1. Don't put the header and email button on the master, but on form page 1 move them outside of the flowed subform, could be in a subform of their own that is not flowed.

or

2. Create a second master page which does not contain the items. Set your flowed subform to repeat on that master - look at the object's pagination tab.

Level 6

You  should be aware that no iOS PDF viewers, including Adobe Reader, support dynamic PDF forms.

Former Community Member

Yea, unfortunately I learned that a little too late.  I had already completed most of the form creation.

Anyone need a sign in sheet?