Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with multiple dynamic dropdown lists

Level 1

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on a solution for myself.

I have been searching for many days on how to populate MULTIPLE drop down lists dynamically, and to be frank cound not find one article.

I found a lot of examples and tutorials on combo dropdowns, but couldnt find anyone that has discussed populating more than 2.

So here is my question.

How can you create (i need 5) dynamic dropdowns, in livecycle...?

You can download my attempt at it (trust me its probably a mess, but I got most of it going from the template that I originally downloaded) http://www.unipole.com.au/ZEMSorderform4.pdf

Any help on making this work would be great, or even a better way as I sure there is...

Basically I need each dropdown to populate itself from the previous dropdown selection.

This is for an order form for my customers for ordering sportswear.

So dropdown1 would contain (unisex/mens/ladies)

Dropdown 2 would then contains the items from first selection like if mens then you could choose from rugby/basketball/cricket etc and ladies like netball/off-field etc...

Then dropdown 3 would contain specifics like type of jersey etc

Then dropdown 4 would contain type of collar etc

Then last dropdown woluld contain the fabric option etc.

Please help anyone, as I am pretty good with graphic design, no idea and self taught when it comes to coding like this.

Thank you,

Mark

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I'm having the same sort of issues, posed the question to the community 2 weeks ago with no response at all.

If this were done in Excel, you would have to do a VLOOKUP, this would populate columns to the right of your first column selection. I have that part down, it's just trying to "bind" the Excel table to the LiveCycle form and have it recognized.