Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Help with Border and Expandable Text Input

Level 1

I'm new to LiveCycle and Acrobat form designing. Everything I've learned I've learned in the process of recreating this old paper form my boss uses and wanted to bring into the 20th century. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

My first problem is a border problem on the right side of the first page. One of my text cells' border won't align with everything else on the page. It's only a few millimeters (if that) off, but it's very noticeable. Is there something I can do to lock all the borders to a certain position?

My second problem is something to me that is a bit more complex. It's about Expandable Text Input cells. I've read a lot of other forum posts and "how to" articles on this but I'm still having a lot of problems getting it to work. None of the cells I'm trying to get to expand will work, The form is set Dynamic. The subforms are all flowable, but still no expanding cells. I was wondering if there is someone I could possible send my form to so they could take a look at it and send it back with a few pointers.

Lastly, I maybe be doing some things very unorthodox with this form. So any other advice you can give me on form design as a whole would be much appreciated. Wish I could upload it here so I could get advice from a few different sources.

v/r

Tony

1 Reply

Level 9

Hi Tony,

For your first problem you can change the X and Y values in the layout pallette of the object. Select the object, then select the layout panel. You can see the X and Y co-ordinates. Copy the other objects's co-ordinates and paste that value in the other object which creates a layout issue.

border.JPG

For your second problem : I am not sure whether you want a repeatble subform/ expandable subform or expandable fields. If it's about expandable fields then

in the layout panel select the checkboxes under X and Y co-ordinates which says expand to fit.

Thanks,

Bibhu.