Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help regarding submit by email button

Level 9

Hello All,

I have a form which has several Pages.I have got a Submit by email button. If the user clicks it then the field becomes locked and the PDF is sent to the designated email. But my requirement is after filling the form and clicking the Submit by email button if the user clicks the Cancel button in the dialog box which shows desktop/ email application then the fields should not be locked.Any Idea ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Bibhu,

I'd say you are stuck here. Once the submit by email button is clicked (and the form passes validation if any), then the process is handed over to the email client. I don't think you will be able to send data back to Acrobat/Reader that the email was actually sent.

Niall

Level 9

Hello Niall,

I am sorry , I could not understand your solution . What I want here is when the following message comes after clicking the submit by email button , The user should go back to the form in edit mode when he/she clicks cancel button and the fields should not be locked when the cancel button is clicked. Any solution for it ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 10

Hi Bibhu,

The dialog is just a last check as to which email client the user has. If there are using internet email then the dialog just informs the user to save the form and manually attach it to an email.

As far as I know it is at this dialog that Acrobat has handed the process of sending the email to another application (email client) and the user to complete.

By the time you see the dialog Acrobat/Reader has:

• run your locking script;
  • saved the file (if Reader Enabled for Reader);
  • passed it to the email client/user to email.

I believe that when you see the dialog, the email submit button has run its course. I don't think that anything is returned to Acrobat/Reader if the user clicks cancel.

If this is the case, I don't think you will be able to automatically unlock the fields when cancel is clicked.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 9

Hello Niall,

So , I really got stuck here .I am confused what do. Is there any alternative options ??

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you have any options. Maybe someone else may have an idea or direction for you.

Here is a form that shows that even if the user clicks cancel both the preSubmit and postSubmit events are fired: https://acrobat.com/#d=9nnpYGsw1ElRfQndLtnrPw

The preSubmit event fires on clicking the Submit by Email button:

Acrobat1.png

The postSubmit event fires once the dialog is cleared, by either OK or Cancel:

Acrobat2.png

Good luck,

Niall