Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Help implementing codelist in my form

Level 1
Level 1


I'm quite new to LiveCycle and hoping for some help or ideas with a problem I currently have!

I am currently creating a form into which I need to include a mechanism for the classification of disease & health related problems.

What I would like is somehow for the user to be able to use the form to determine the right disease based on the current WHO ICD10 Standard. Found here: ICD-10 Version:2015

I managed to download the dataset and there are  approx 12000 options down to the 4th level of the hierarchy (that's as far as I need to go). I would like very much to help the user as much as possible and allow them to have a progressive way to find the right code & description.

The other issue i may face is that i cant be sure the end user will have an internet connection, is there a realistic option to allow this to be used offline?

Any help would be very much appreciated!


1 Reply
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Phil,

If you can find an XML version of the data then you can add it to the form directly.  I found a file that looks like this data here it is a ZIP file and contains a file called FY15_Tabular.xml.

With an XML file you can copy and paste under the xfa:datasets element of your form, you will have to use the XML Source view in LiveCycle Designer.  From there the form can reference all the elements as needed, without a connection to the internet.

I did start playing with a sample, But I don't really understand the structure of the data.  I could understand the first level, but not sure about the linkage to the second level.  I also copied the whole XML file into the form, which seems to contain a lot of stuff, so the form is now nearly 6Mb, hopefully you can remove some of it.  Also the top element was called <ICD10CM.tabular/>, it is fiddly working with element names that contain a full stop so the only change I made was changing the element name to <ICD10CM/>

Hope this helps