Expand my Community achievements bar.

Having trouble adding text field to message body

Level 2

I have looked at several email submission styles. ( I am a beginner) every method i have tried has failed, either i just dont understand the syntax or i am just not knowlegable enough to make it work. I have a button that locks the pdf down prior to sending it via email. then i want the message body to include some of the text fields in the document. can anyone assist? I am using a piece of code from pguerett's sample (untitled2_Pauls.pdf)

(also not to sure how to upload a file for you to see, this would help to know how to do too)

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look ...make sure you indicate what the issue is.

Paul

Level 2

That is great, one more question, why does it not lock the fields so it can’t be edited? I call it to be ready only on the presave but when I run through a test it does not lock the fields? Is there a issue with the read-only access that I have created.? (the term button will show when you select the termination radio button on the top of the page)

Former Community Member

The clicking of a button to email a form is not a save operation .....you shodul move your code to loack the fields to the same click event.

Paul

Level 2

I appreaciate your time on this...however;

I have a slight issue, adding the things suggessted i have managed to get my TermSubmit

button fixed, and to lock the fields correctly. but as for my NHSubmit and SCSubmit button They will not email out. any suggestions.

I have applied the click instead of the presave ( i followed your frist correction of the button) to the other two buttons. i added the myScriptObject prior to the email submission/hide the button, then the mailto script, once again the TermSubmit work in that order; however the other two submit buttons dont work. i will resend the form back if you take another look. thanks in advance.

Level 2

This problem has been resolved thank you for your time.