Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Formatting and Spacing Issues

Level 2

In dynamic forms, I use text fields for unchanging individual sentences and paragraphs. The same document may also have numbered paragraphs with changing and unchanging text. I also use a lot of text fields with the Concat function in text fields which create sentences/paragraphs of varying length as the lengths of the text/date field objects expand.

I often find that I have trouble spacing text and text field objects. If my text or text field objects are set with spacing at 1.5 I cannot get them to space properly on the form. My only recourse is to eye ball how it looks, and invariable the sentences do not space out on the page correctly.

If I word process a document, all of my sentences on a page with line spacing set at "2" are going to be consistent. I am having difficulty re creating that consistency with multiple objects.

My question is not about the Align function. I am familiar with that. My question deals with correct line spacing using text and text field objects. Is there a way to do this more exactly than eyeballing the form?

Can you point me to a resource? Is there a methodical way to accomplish this consistency that I'm missing.

Many thank yous.

Steven

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Steven,

I'm not sure I understand without seeing the problem, but text object and a textfield object have different default margins (in the layout palette), other than that I've not had any problems lining them up.

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Bruce:

Thank you for your reply. I generally set all the default margins to "0". I'll adjust the margins for paragraph indentations.

I'm not sure how to describe the problem better than in my original posting, but I'll try.

Suppose a form which looks like a contract with headings, single unchanging sentences and dynamic paragraphs.

Suppose you create a Text Field object, and you use the Concat function. Suppose that you created multiple very long sentences using Concat in that same Text Field. You could use the paragraph window to set the line spacing at 1, 1.5 or 2.

Set the line spacing at 2.

Suppose you create a Text object that was either a heading or a sentence or two in length.

Suppose there are both multiple Text Field and Text objects throughout the document.

My is issue is lining up the line spacing so it is consistent double spaced throughout the document where there are multiple Text and Text Field objects. If I just look at it, my line spacing is close but far from consistent.

I set my Text Objects and Text Fields at .25in throughout the whole document and that gets me an approximation of 1.5 line spacing, but that is still only close.

Thanks for any additional thoughts.

Best,

Level 10

Hi Steven,

Are you able to post a link to your form, there seems to be a few steps to create this scenario.

Regards

Bruce