Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Form won't open in Acrobat X Pro, XI Pro or Reader XI

Level 7

I am creating a lengthy for which is  now 25 pages. I can work on the form in LiveCycle Designer ES3. However, we cannot open the form in Acrobat X Pro, XI Pro or Reader XI. Any thoughts on why this could be happening? Are there things I can look for in LiveCycle to fix this issue?

Thanks,

MDawn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ok. I am wondering if there is a page with some bad code on it. Deleting the page would solve the problem. if you decide you want to trouble shoot try to narrow down which of the 5 pages you deleted may be the issue. I would recommend deleting one and testing etc. Good luck

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

Are you getting an error when trying to open it in Acrobat or Reader? Have you tried resaving it. When you Save As junk gets cleared out of the file and sometimes that can help.

Level 7

Thanks for your quick response. There is no error message displayed. The round circle spins and the pdf never opens. It also happens in the Preview PDF tab within LiveCycle. I resaved the form and deleted a number of pages and the smaller version works fine. Can an interactive form be too large? Could that be my problem?

I was working on page 20 of 25 pages and I had to End the Program to get out of trying to Preview the form. I'm wondering if something was corrupted.

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 7

I do not think the number of pages is the issue. I would think it is the size of the file. Do the pages you removed have images on them? How did you build the document? did you build it from scratch or convert from another file i.e. word, pdf etc.

Level 7

I built the document from scratch. The file size of the original document that isn’t working properly is 698 KB. The document where I deleted 20 some pages is 642 KB. I’ve decided to work and publish several smaller files and the business owner of this project agrees with this solution.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ok. I am wondering if there is a page with some bad code on it. Deleting the page would solve the problem. if you decide you want to trouble shoot try to narrow down which of the 5 pages you deleted may be the issue. I would recommend deleting one and testing etc. Good luck

Level 7

I broke the big form into smaller forms based on sections. I had one section that was hanging when I tried to Preview PDF. I deleted the last page where I had had problems with a table which had caused the system to hang indefinitely and I had to End Program using Task Manager. That solved the problem. Not too much data on that page. I'll try recreating and see what happens.

Again, mouslander, thanks for your help.

MDawn

Level 7

I had a similar issue where my code was an endless loop. Look at the code in the table.