Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form submission to client local drive?

Level 1

Hi -

I've created a dynamic form that I've been using to have a small number of recipients submit back to me via email as a XDP file, but because of end-user difficulties getting this to work consistently I need to add a method to submit that will save the data to the end-user's local drive so they can drop it onto a shared Google folder.  Is there a submit button option that will open a save window that allows the user to browse to a location of their choice then save the XDP file under a name of their choosing  (like the similar step when emailing with a web email client not recognized by the email script)?  It needs to work with both Mac and PC and can't have a fixed 'save' location because the users' machines are all different.  I assume that once it's done I'll need to enable extended rights for Acrobat.

I've tried to figure out a way to do this with a button click event "submit format="xml" textEncoding="UTF-8" target= " but can't find a way to specify "target" that will work, so I don't know if that script only works with the mailto: protocol.

Thanks in advance,

Bernie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bernie,

I don't think there is a submit option but you can try setting up you own button with a click event with this JavaScript.

xfa.host.exportData("", false);

This will give you the XML from the form.  If you want the whole XDP change the false to true.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bernie,

I don't think there is a submit option but you can try setting up you own button with a click event with this JavaScript.

xfa.host.exportData("", false);

This will give you the XML from the form.  If you want the whole XDP change the false to true.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Perfect, simple solution - thanks!

Bernie