Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Form submission to client local drive?

Level 1

Hi -

I've created a dynamic form that I've been using to have a small number of recipients submit back to me via email as a XDP file, but because of end-user difficulties getting this to work consistently I need to add a method to submit that will save the data to the end-user's local drive so they can drop it onto a shared Google folder.  Is there a submit button option that will open a save window that allows the user to browse to a location of their choice then save the XDP file under a name of their choosing  (like the similar step when emailing with a web email client not recognized by the email script)?  It needs to work with both Mac and PC and can't have a fixed 'save' location because the users' machines are all different.  I assume that once it's done I'll need to enable extended rights for Acrobat.

I've tried to figure out a way to do this with a button click event "submit format="xml" textEncoding="UTF-8" target= " but can't find a way to specify "target" that will work, so I don't know if that script only works with the mailto: protocol.

Thanks in advance,

Bernie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bernie,

I don't think there is a submit option but you can try setting up you own button with a click event with this JavaScript.

xfa.host.exportData("", false);

This will give you the XML from the form.  If you want the whole XDP change the false to true.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bernie,

I don't think there is a submit option but you can try setting up you own button with a click event with this JavaScript.

xfa.host.exportData("", false);

This will give you the XML from the form.  If you want the whole XDP change the false to true.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Perfect, simple solution - thanks!

Bernie