Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form keeps getting corrupted

Level 4

Hey everyone,

I've been making Dynamic PDFs with Livecycle for years now, and I've never come across this before. I have made a form that seems to randomly become corrupted, on a fairly frequent basis.

It's nothing overly complex, and most of the functionality in the form is stuff I've used 100 times before. That being said, three different users within days of release have reported that they could not open a filled out copy of this form, as they get a message saying that their pdf is corrupted and could not be repaired.

Thinking that I might have done something wrong when designing it, I started from scratch and remade the form... only for the same corruption to occur in the new form. I was very careful about not editing the XML of the form, as I know that this can cause similar issues.

Unfortunately, as the form has sensitive information, I cannot attach it for review. The only thing that is different between this form and all the other forms that I've made is that this one plays with fill colors.

My users wanted to have the same form, but just with different color schemes. I made a drop down list with the change event:

var s = xfa.event.newText;

if (s=="Blue")

{

this.fontColor = "0,160,227";

Subject.fillColor = "0,160,227";

var details = xfa.resolveNodes("<RandomSOM>.Header[*]");

for (var i = 0; i < details.length; i++) {

details.item(i).Field1.fillColor = "227,245,253";

details.item(i).Field2.fillColor = "227,245,253";

}

<RandomSOM>.People.fillColor = "199,235,252";

<RandomSOM>.Places.fillColor = "199,235,252";

<RandomSOM>.Things.fillColor = "199,235,252";

}

if (s=="Purple")

{

this.fontColor = "0,160,227";

Subject.fillColor = "0,160,227";

var details = xfa.resolveNodes("<RandomSOM>.Header[*]");

for (var i = 0; i < details.length; i++) {

details.item(i).Field1.fillColor = "227,245,253";

details.item(i).Field2.fillColor = "227,245,253";

}

<RandomSOM>.People.fillColor = "199,235,252";

<RandomSOM>.Places.fillColor = "199,235,252";

<RandomSOM>.Things.fillColor = "199,235,252";

}

if (s=="etc.")

{

etc.

}

I do something similar on the initialize event of certain fields to change the colors of things like table headers that repeat on page breaks.

The only other things in the form is a repeatable subform and some multi-line expandable text fields. I don't see where I'm going wrong.

I'm using LiveCycle Version 9.0.0.2.20101008.1.734229... Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this issue?

- Scott

2 Replies

Level 8

Whenever I have strange issues like that, I take appart the form bit by bit. Deleting one thing, testing, deleting another, and test again until the problem goes away and I've isolated the issue.

Next to seeing the form myself, there's not much I can think of. Never heard of that problem before. Are they using the latest Reader/Acrobat?

Kyle

Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

I am also facing similar issue. Sometimes the createt PDF is corrupted and could not be opened.

In my case, I have reached to a conclusion that whenever the size of generated PDF exceeds 4 MB , it gets corrupted. For the same data if I remove or replace some images so that the size is below 4 MB then it works fine.

I have contacted Adobe support few days back, but still not able to resolve the issue.

Can you please check if the issue you are facing is also related to size of PDF?

-Swati