Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Guide - Populating a drop down with entries from another field(s)

Former Community Member

Greetings all!

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1. Build a repeating panel that has a field for the entry of a Name. (I can do this)

2. Build a drop down field on another panel that will be populated with the Name entries from one or more of the repeating panel Name fields in 1. above. I would like this to happen while the user is in the same render of the form guide.

3. Setup:

LC ES2

Workbench 9.5

Would utilize Workspace to complete the form guide

Want to use a .fml data model

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick Kuhlmann

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Just to let you know I am unsure about this one so I am looking into it. I will update this forum post with what I find out.

Paul

Former Community Member

Got some help on this and we got it ...here is an LCA file that shows you an example. It is derived from another sample so there is more in here th

an is neccessary but you should be able to follow it.

Paul

Former Community Member

pguerett,

Many thanks for that lca. I have been able to move forward with development of a POC Form Guide.

However, I have one other issue that if solved will push my POC to the point of demo status for the business.

Here it is:

The business needs to be able to add the names of children to a Children Info panel on the form guide. - No problems with that.

Then they need to be able to go to another panel in the form guide and select a child name from a drop down to associate that child with the name of a father. - The previous post with the lca solved that.

Now what I need to do is to be able to take the selected child in the father panel and place that value into the data model.

Why? because the final part of this form guide is to populate a pdf form that is really a legal petition to the court. The child(ren) names form the Children Info panel are listed at the beginning of the petition. Then the selected child in the father panel is displayed in the father section.

So what I am looking to do is to populate that selected child in the father panel to a property in the data model.

However, based on the lca you sent it does not seem that when I add a Data Object to the Data Model in the Guide Builder that I am not able to push that data back into the original Data Model. I thought that using a Binding might work but I have struck out so far.

Clear as mud? Any help you or anyone else can provide would be wonderful.

Thanks a ton!

Rick Kuhlmann

Former Community Member

You cannot push values back into the data model. You can create a propertyto hold that information then add a binding (in the Guide builder) to push the value back into that property. You woudl set up th ebinding to populate the property when th eoriginal value changes.

Make sense?

Paul