Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

FORM CANNOT BE FILLED-OUT AND SAVED?

Level 2

I want the user to fill-out and be able to save to their computer, without saving over my original. It works fine if the user has acrobat standard 8,but if they don't or only have Adobe Reader, the form cannot be filled out and saved. Only a blank copy can be saved or the form filled-out and printed. Please help if you have a solution. Thanks.

3 Replies

Level 6

Templates designed in LC accept data input from the users however users need to open these templates in Adobe Acrobat. Users can also use Adobe Reader however as designer you need to enable certain user rights for them to fill the forms like they do in Acrobat. For that you need use Adobe ReaderExtensions server this could be little expensive if you are just doing few forms. This server software is licensed based on number of uses or for unlimited uses. If you can not afford both there are few servers available over net to enable those user rights for a fee. You may Google them. You may check the following http://www.unrestrictpdf.com/get-license.html

Level 1

I actually had the exact same problem.  I convinced my boss to let me create PDF's over Word documents for all of our forms, and then came to find that I didn't know how to save them with input data!

After a ton of research, I found the answer and it couldn't have been any easier.  Simply open the completed form with Acrobat Pro (assuming you have this), and under the Advanced menu, choose Enable Usage Reader Rights in Adobe Reader.  It will then bring up a screen explaining what you've chosen to do, and click Save Now.  It will make you do a Save As.  This is what I did for all of our forms and have not run into any problems with it thus far.  I hope it works for you!

Level 6

Enabling user rights using Adobe Acrobat Pro is one option however that is limited to 500 uses.