Expand my Community achievements bar.

Flattening on 8.0.2

Level 2

hi  I was trying to flattening pdf in 8.0.2 LC Output, but this code just works fine in 8.2 and doesn't works in my version 8.0.2. Some idea how I do to resolve my problem? ps: Where can I found API Docs  for 8.0.2 version.

OutputClient outputClient = new OutputClient(myFactory);

FileInputStream myPDF = new FileInputStream(getInput(resource));

Document inputDocument = new Document(myPDF);

Document transformedDocument = outputClient.transformPDF(

inputDocument,

TransformationFormat.PDF,

PDFARevisionNumber.Revision_1,

null,

null

);

23 Replies

Level 10

Can you post the error log?

Jasmin

Level 2

I don't have error , but i send a PDF source and PDF error  as a response

Level 10

Can you try from Workbench and see if the PDF gets produced? Add a tranformPDF and write it to the file system.

Jasmin

Level 2

How I do? I just have Output Licence.

I has a version errata, the right is 8.0.1 SP3

Level 2

I made a FSPrintCommandLine sample test and the output is correct. But when I try with test2 the problem continues

Level 2

i was testing on google a file that use like input, and surprise!!! the same problem

Level 10

What version of Reader of Acrobat are you using?

Jasmin

Level 2

do you see the result of google documents thats was attach?

Level 10

Yes, but I'm not sure what this tells us. If the document was not produced properly, then Google Docs is going to display the same thing as Reader.

Jasmin

Level 2

Ok, i understood you, but on 8.2 this doc works fine...

Level 2

any idea? what i say to my client? it is not possible with this version? it is 8.0.1 license valid to use with 8.2?

Level 8

I don't believe it can be a licensing issue this is not how licensing problems are presented.

I know Jas asked for it before, but can you please post your server log?  If there are any errors happening on the server side then it will appear somewhere in that log.

Level 2

2010-02-04 15:26:22,984 INFO  [com.adobe.formServer.FormServer] ALC-FRM-001-501: FormName:0148bfc5a26072f58b73c8a90df36a98 : FormPreference:PDF : Debug:false : PDFVersion:null, Content Root: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\AdobeDocumentStorage\local\docm1265293478906 : Base URL:null : App Root:null : User Agent:null

2010-02-04 15:26:24,281 INFO  [com.adobe.formServer.FormServer] ALC-FRM-001-501: FormName:77215811d8f42c39c2e80b28d27ca18f : FormPreference:PDF : Debug:false : PDFVersion:null, Content Root: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\AdobeDocumentStorage\local\docm1265293478906 : Base URL:null : App Root:null : User Agent:null

and thousands of
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory
at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:223)
at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:134)

Level 8

It looks like something a bit more serious than just a failure to render a flat PDF.  Thousands of exceptions are generally a very bad thing.  Can you upload/attach the entire log?

Level 2

ok, it was attached on this post

but do you think thats a XAConnectionFactory on JMS its my problem?

Level 8

Okay.  The log makes it very clear.  The JMS provider has failed. This will cause many problems with most of your LiveCycle services.

Most likely its the Auto reconnect  = true error:

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2008/11/livecycle_mysql_jdbc_data_sour.html

If that doesn't work try:

- try a simple shutdown and reboot of the JBoss server (this fixes most problems)

- if you are in a cluster check whether all the other cluster nodes having the similar JMS Configurations as in the master node

- it may be a problem with the LiveCycle configuration.  Have a look at the Preparing to Install LiveCycle ES document.  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/prepareinstallsingle.pdf

Level 2

I'm testing on windows local  test enviroment, and was installed alone, without cluster...

i'll try to change all things necessaries....  but ..... do you made a test with the input file that's was attached by me? because in another enviroment give me the same result...itext also