Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

fillable form no longer fillable once saved

Level 1

I created a fillable form using LiveCycle that I then distributed.  We don't actually use the submit button.  The users fill out the form and route it amongst themselves filling out different portions of the form until it is complete.  They can do this two ways - either by saving it and then attaching that saved copy to an email or by sending it via email directly out of Adobe Reader.  The form can be used by Reader 7.0 and higher.  When a user uses Reader 7.0 and sends it via email directly out of Adobe, the second user with Reader 9.x has no trouble with it still being fillable.  However, if the first user has Reader 7.0 saves the file and then attaches it to email, when the second users opens it with Reader 9.x it is no longer fillable.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong in creating this form?  I don't understand why saving the form in Reader 7.0 is making the form no longer fillable.  If the user re-opens the form with Reader 7.0 is it still fillable.  A user using Reader 9.x has no trouble with any option.

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 7

Have you tried testing the form with Reader 8 and 9 rather than 7 and 9? We use a process similar to what you're describing

but all of our users are upgraded to a minimum of Reader 8.1 and we have no issues.