Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Cannot Save PDF

Level 2

I cannot save my form anymore.  Please help.  I have about 8 pages created and when I add a radio button

Failed to save the file.  Additional error information can be found in the Warnings tab of the Report palette.

This is what is in the Warnings tab of the Report palette.

Generating PDF Document...
Font Service: Default font typeface is Myriad Pro.
Unable to save PDF document. Error during PDDocSave.

Please help me.  I still have another 2 pages to create.

Is there a maximum number of radio buttons that you can add to a form?  I have a page with alot of radio buttons and I am on radiobuttonlist[18] and that is when I cannot save the document anymore.

Please Help!!!

15 Replies

Former Community Member

Try saving the file as a different name .....is the current file set as Read Only on the file system? Is it open by another application?

Paul

Level 2

I am trying to save as a differnt file name.  That is when I get this error.  I have checked the file properties and it is not set to read only.  I am trying to add 3 radio buttons.  I can add 1 and save the file but when I add the 2nd radio button I can not save the file.  It just does not make any sense.

Try saving the file as a different name .....is the current file set as Read Only on the file system? Is it open by another application?

Paul

Former Community Member

Can you post your form and I will try it here.

Paul

Level 2

Here you go.  Thanks in advance. The problem that I am having is adding radio buttons on page 8.

Former Community Member

I was able to add and save without issue ....here is my updated form.

Paul

Level 2

Any suggestion on what I should do.  When I open your form I still cannot save.  Should I try to uninstall Acrobat and reinstall?  I am using Vista what OS are you using?  Maybe Vista is the problem.

Former Community Member

Acrobat? I am doing this in Designer.

Is it possible that your disk is full and you cann ot save such a big file?

Can you open a new form and save that?

I do not believe that it is a Acrobat/Designer problem.

Paul

Level 2

Sorry I am using designer also.  I can open a new form and save changes to it.  I also can add one radio button and save changes to the current form but when I add two radio buttons I cannot save the form anymore.  It just does not make any sense.  You have proven that it can be edited with your form but I cannot.  I can add textboxes and save but not radio buttons.  I tried to open your form and save but it would not let me do that either even if I did not add anything to it.  I have 30GB free space on the location of where the document is stored.

Former Community Member

Very bizarre .....can you open a new form and save with Radio Buttons?

Which version of Designer are you using?

Under the Window menu there is a Report palette. Open that and see if there are any messages in the log when you save.

Paul

Level 2

I am using Livecycle Designer 8.0.  Yes I can open a new one and add radio buttons.  I can save my form if I only add one radio button but when I add the second radio button it gives me the error.  Here is what is in the report palette:

Generating PDF Document...
Font Service: Default font typeface is Myriad Pro.

Former Community Member

This is very strange .....if ou add one then save then add another and save it works. But if you add two at the same time it will not let you save?

Paul

Level 2

Yep you got it.  I cannot seem to figure this one out.

Former Community Member

You could try re-installing ....that is my last option. I was using Designer version 9 ......I will have to relaod version 8 and try it through that.

Pual

Level 2

I also have this installed on XP I have tried this out and it seems to work like normal.  It must be an issue with Vista.  I am going to try to finish my form on the XP machine.  Thanks for your help.

Level 2

I think that this error must have been because I had installed Reader 9.1 and it was set as the default product.  I am not 100% sure but when I reinstalled and Acrobat 8 was not my default product I remembered that I had opened this document in Adobe Reader 9 to see how it would look.  I think it is working now.  Thanks again for all of your help.