Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

fill color also creates unwanted border

Level 4

Hi,

I am using a conditional statement that adds fill color to a check box and a subform field when the check box is checked. The color fills in properly (and upon de-selection, it disappears) as it is supposed to, but on some fields, there is also appearing an unwanted border around the check box. Not only does the border appear, but it fails to disappear upon de-selection.

So, my response is, Say What?! Hoping someone can let me know what is going on and how to get rid of the border.

Here's the exact code I have applied to one of the check boxes and which is creating a border as well.

if (TakeTAKSAcc.rawValue==1){TAKSAccSubjects.presence="visible",this.fil lColor="238,238,238";}else{TAKSAccSubjects.presence="hidden",this.fill Color="255,255,255";}

~Jenny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Jenny

If you want to get rid of the border, you can just set it's thickness to 0.  Another option is that you could set the edge colour to white:

if (TakeTAKSAcc.rawValue==1){TAKSAccSubjects.presence="visible";TAKSAccSubjects.fillColor="238,238,238";
TAKSAccSubjects.border.edge.thickness = "0.0pt";
}
else{TAKSAccSubjects.presence="hidden";
TAKSAccSubjects.fillColor="255,255,255";
}

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Jenny

If you want to get rid of the border, you can just set it's thickness to 0.  Another option is that you could set the edge colour to white:

if (TakeTAKSAcc.rawValue==1){TAKSAccSubjects.presence="visible";TAKSAccSubjects.fillColor="238,238,238";
}
else{TAKSAccSubjects.presence="hidden";
TAKSAccSubjects.fillColor="255,255,255";
}

Thanks,

Tim

Level 4

Oh yeah---why didn't I think of that?!

I am still curious as to why the border suddenly appears in the first place, however.

Thanks for your response!!

~Jenny

Former Community Member

Yes, I think when the fillColor property is set, then it may make the default fill edge visible (which has a default colour and width)

It sounds like you were also experiencing different behaviour with different objects - you could possibly create Custom Objects with particular fill/edge settings so that the fields act consistently

Level 4

That makes sense. 

Yes. I have some funky things going on. I recently posted a question about how my table header repeats on the 2nd page, but not thereafter, but didn't get much response to that one.

Thanks again for your help and insight!

~Jenny

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----