filename not set when publish files using BinaryPublisher

Level 2

Hi,

Following along the FilePublisherExample , i wrote code to publish bytearray

protected function upload_handler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

_binaryPublisher.publish("myfile",byt,UIDUtil.createUID());

}

on room console, its showing [object Object] and when trying to download its showing error #2038

also, my datagrid is showing only filesize , not name that i specified while uploading "myfile".

Thanks.

14 Replies

Level 2

Update:

getting this on my debugger console when uploading

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***

Connection to https://na2.connectnow.acrobat.com//app/content/accounts/pob/na2-sdk-cc5a49f5-b57f-4166-9512-16ec7b4... halted - not permitted from file:///D:/ws/col/bin-debug/recordandupload.swf

Unable to load requested document.

Level 2

Hi,

I have tested FilePublisherExample, and it is running perfectly without any security sandbox violation, am i missing something ?

thanks

Atul

Employee

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your observation.

Binary Publisher has a bug due to Flash Player Security  enhancements. So Binary publisher was violating the security, and the only work around is to enforce a human-UI interaction. We would be working on a hack, but it might not be fixed with in the next release

So I would recommend using FilePublisher if you are not uploading your content as byte array.

~Arun

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

my usecase involves uploading of bytearray only, could you please guide me on how to put human intervention to use binarypublisher.

there is a warning message:

Warning: Domain connectnow.acrobat.com does not specify a meta-policy.  Applying default meta-policy 'master-only'.  This configuration is deprecated.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files to fix this problem.

is this a reason for binarybuplisher security violation?

Thanks

Atul

Employee

no, that is not the reason (and sorry, but I have a hard time keeping up with all the time crossdomain.xml needs to be updated )

the real reason is this:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer10_security_changes_02.html#head34

The problem is that we are passing a "fake" filename to simulate a file upload. I need to try it but there may be a way out for this if I play around with parameters names.

Level 2

Hi Raff,

I am able to publish bytearray but using human UI interaction.

Any hope for fixing this in coming release?

thanks

-Atul

Employee

well, my "quick experiment" didn't work so I am afraid we'll not be able to do anything for  the upcoming release. I'll keep an open item to see if there is anything we can do between the client and the serverto make this use case work without human intervention.

Level 2

Hi,

Any updates on this fix?

today i ran my old binarypublisher program with the latest sdk, but got the same issue as i mentioned in first post.

Any hope to have this fix anytime soon.

Atul

Level 2

Hi,

I am calling  _binaryPublisher.publish("myfile",byt,UIDUtil.createUID(),"application/text"); on a click event handler of a  button, can it be qualified as a human intervention,

i got no success with this too

Atul

Employee

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your patience. We have fixed this issue and you could expect the patch in one of our future releases (this patch would have to wait until the next release too). I have attached a player 10 swc and src file for your convenience. Please do let me know if you are using some other version for your project.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

Hello Arun,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using player 10.1 for my project, It would be great if you can give files for 10.1

Just a Request,

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/723370?tstart=0 this thread Hironmay has provided the patch for some error in "Multiple group multicasting" while scaling Audio publishing and subscribing

Please If possible sync the binarypublisher patch with this one lccs.swc from that post.

Thanks again!!

Atul

Former Community Member

Hi Atul,

I am attaching the 10.1 swc. However, I must remind you its a internal build , for official builds, you will have to wait for the release. BinaryPublisher fix won't be there in the upcoming release round the corner, so I am attaching the internal swc for you.

Since we don't provide source files for 10.1, i am attaching only the swc.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Hi Hironmay,

Thank You very much.

I have tested this swc with my program, and it is working fine.

Hoping this fix will make to the final releases asap.

Regards,

Atul

Former Community Member

Hi atul,

Since this was only days ago , so it won't make to the upcoming

release right down the corner because we don't want to release a half-

tested build, but the fix will definitely make to the later release in

a month or two. Till then you can use the temporary swc I provided to

you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu