Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

File Upload field in livecycle designer

Level 2

Hi

Am trying to create a form which allow user to add an attachment and want to display the size of the attached field.And also i wnt to save the form in the local system .Could anyone help me to come out of this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I modified one of my samples to show you....

Paul

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Level 10

Correct,

With other file types, the issues would be that the user has the correct programe to open the particular file type.

The main form would still need to be Reader Enabled.

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

Your answer and example is very helpful. I design a lot of forms with LiveCycle Designer ES2, and because of your answer here, I now know that the users of my forms will not be able to add attachments just by me "enabling Reader" from Acrobat.

I have been trying to find what it would cost for me to have LiveCycle Reader Extensions. I spoke with an Adobe sales rep, and she didn't seem to understand the concept (that the user cannot upload attachments without Reader Extensions having enabled it). She said something about the cost starting @ $50,000. What!? Is she talking about the same thing I need? Then she directed me to contact Customer Service.

I'm not sure who to turn to for my specific situation. I am the only one in my company using LiveCycle Designer and just need to enable a couple dozen people to be able to upload attachments to a form.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

ZeroZone

Level 10

Hi,

The price will vary depending on a number of factors.

If you are only dealing with a small volume of people/data processes, then I would use instructions that additional documents must be manually attached to the email.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Or buy Acrobat for those people who need that functionalty. That is not a restriction in Acrobat

Paul

Level 2

Hi All,

Good Day!!

I saw the above post it's very useful.

I have scenario like " get the file from local folder and drop that file to network folder". How to create a java-script for this. Am new to this. Can u please send me any sample

Please advise.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----