Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fields disappear when form is saved

Former Community Member

I have an RMA form that was created that we are experiencing issues with. It is set up to serve 3 potential situations.

1. Return to stock

2. Return for rebuild

3. Other

The form is setup to where the user picks one of the three options from a drop-down, and that selection then makes visible certain fields relevant to that choice. This part of the form works great. However, once the form is saved, the fields disappear. If you select the appropriate choice from the drop down, the fields reappear with tall information still listed.

Is there some option that needs to be selected that will keep the fields visible after saving? The current work-around is to print as PDF, but I am finding many people who do not know how to do that, or are not willing.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I got rid of the action builder action that produces over 50 lines of code. I also wrapped your Return and Rebuild groups in subforms. So now instead of referencing each individual object, you only have to reference the two subforms.

http://www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/AdobeForums/RMA%20FORM.pdf

Next you'll have to add the capability of adding rows dynamically!

Kyle

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

In Designer try, File>Properties>Defaults and make sure Automatically is selected.

If that doesn't work, put the same script in your dropdown's change event into its docReady event. Make sure to replace xfa.event.newText with this.rawValue.

Kyle

Correct answer by
Level 8

I got rid of the action builder action that produces over 50 lines of code. I also wrapped your Return and Rebuild groups in subforms. So now instead of referencing each individual object, you only have to reference the two subforms.

http://www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/AdobeForums/RMA%20FORM.pdf

Next you'll have to add the capability of adding rows dynamically!

Kyle

Former Community Member

You, sir, are first and foremost a gentleman, followed very closely by being a scholar.